Day 4. Thank god for
relief.
Last night was horrendous.
I took 50 mg of Benadryl at 730 pm (which is 930 your time) and thought
it would kick in. Every 20-30 minutes I
was awake re-applying green alcohol and hydrocortisone until 1 am when I broke
down. I cried, I puked, I begged with
God to just leave me alone. I had my
first panic attack in my life. All I
wanted was my mom, yes I’m 30 and I wanted Tam or my Gram. So bright and early I called Delta and told
them I had to come home early, to get me on a flight on September 6th
when my time is up at the orphanage because I can’t handle it anymore. Ian was so nice to me, and switched my flight
for a little over 100 dollars and offered me his best wishes to feel
better. Then I talked to my mom and
grandma and felt a little better. I
wanted nothing to do with the orphanage so I set out to the bus stop early.
Belize busses are crazy.
The first 3 passed us by because they were full. Finally got on one and there is no putting
your luggage on the seat. I had to put
it on top of me, sweating, hot, and my water was frozen solid. We stopped every 2-3 minutes to let someone
off or let someone on. 1 hour later we
ended up in Belize city where I had to navigate to a taxi because I didn’t know
where the heck I was going. Some nice
gentleman gave me a $7.00 taxi ride that took all of 3 minutes (now I now how
to walk it myself for next weekend).
The water taxi didn’t depart for 1.5 hours, but I didn’t care. I was finally somewhere clean without
bugs. The 45 min water taxi ride to the
island of Caye Caulker was lovely. I sat
where the water occasionally splashed me and just enjoyed it.
Upon arriving at Caulker I knew I wouldn’t want to leave so
as soon as I checked in I asked if I could stay an extra night and not go back
to Liberty until Monday morning. Sure
enough, my room is not rented and I can stay!
73 dollars for a room 20 steps from the beach overlooking palms and the
water and a beautiful hammock on a private balcony. You cant get that anywhere in Michigan.
I took the best shower of my life and then went over to the
restaurant and indulged in fresh lobster and an ice cold coca cola.
Layed on the hammock for a wile and people watched until
happy hour at sip and dip where I started with 2 for 1 rum punches. That went down so quickly I asked for a
mudslide. Best choice ever….tasted
amazing and now I am worry free!
Headed out to watch the sunset and eat at Maggies Kitchen! There was no sunset because of the clouds and
Maggie’s Kitchen didn’t look great to me so I just walked the beach. There is something so relaxing about the
sound of water washing up on shore. I
could have sat out there all night. I
wandered down the strip and so many men kept hitting on me and annoying the
crap out of me! They must not realize
that white girls have thick legs and bootys too….
I wanted to go to Southside Pizza as the owners are friends
of one of my coworkers. They were closed
L So I will go there for lunch tomorrow! And I found a cute gift shop to stop in
tomorrow as well!
I feel rejuvenated and relaxed right now. It may only be 8 pm but its going to be
lights out for me, I want to see the sunrise in the morning!
No comments:
Post a Comment