Sunday, August 27, 2017

Day 5.  Another day in Paradise.

9 full hours of sleep!  Well I went to bed at like 830 and woke up at midnight itchy so I had to cover my body in stuff and then fell back asleep after that until 730 this morning!  It feels so good to actually get more than an hour of sleep at a time.  It also feels amazing to walk out on the balcony and just lay in the hammock and read in the morning too!

I was lazy today, I’ll admit it.  I layed around in bed and in the room until 930 working on homework.  It is so much easier to do homework when bugs aren’t eating on you.  I walked on down the pier and watched the ocean for awile and then to the gift shop and made some purchases and then it was so hot I came back to the room.

I relaxed and listened to music, finished a book, and just had quiet time.

Around lunch time I went out and got some gelato (delish) and some chips and salsa.  It was so great to eat fresh vegetables.  I haven’t had them in 4 days and I was beginning to go crazy!  Fingers crossed I don’t get sick because you’re not supposed to eat fresh fruit or veggies in a 3rd world country, only cooked ones. 

Then I took a 2 hour nap and went out to the pier and finished my book while getting some Vitamin D.

I walked down to see if anyone signed up for the sunset cruise and sure enough a couple from Holland did so we were able to go out.  My mom told me to make sure I come back because she has seen the boats in Belize and I was like oh no big deal.  We were in some dingy boat that could have easily tipped and we had no life jackets.  Once we started going we were wondering why the guy driving was so close to the mangroves and he informed us we were crocodile hunting and showed us his harpoon.  (I was sweating at this point, Ive watched swamp people a few times before).  Then we went to an area and shark hunted (these were nurse sharks which were pretty cool) and lion fish. 

The sunset was beautiful, the rum punch tasted great, and the chips an salsa again were to die for. 


I really am going to miss this place when I have to leave in the morning.  It is so laid back and slow.  However, after dark I do not feel as safe because there are a lot of men higher than a kite on the main strip trying to get you to eat their special brownies or take pictures with them so they can rob your back pockets.  Im thankful to have a smart head on my shoulders and just come in when it gets dark.  Im not a party goer anyways.

5 down, 8 to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment